Monday, July 7, 2008

Don't drink the water in my one sweet world

At my most recent show - June 28 in Bristow - I heard "Don't Drink the Water" as an opener. Thanks to antsmarching.org, I easily know that I've heard this time three times as an opener, tying it with "One Sweet World" as the song I've heard the most as an opening song. It's really no surprise as these two songs have been the top openers over the years.

"What Would You Say" and "Rapunzel" have opened two shows. From there it drops off with popular songs such as "Two Step" and "Seek Up" opening once - both in 1998. My first full-band opener was "Jimi Thing" in 1998, but Boyd kind of messed that one up. The "rarest" opener has to be "Recently," which came at a Madison Square Garden show.

No matter what, the opening of a Dave Matthews Band show is always interesting. You really don't know what you're doing to get.

No comments: