Thursday, August 21, 2008

Every day should be a good day to die

The lyrics of "You Never Know" sure are taking on a different meaning this week. Actually, I think I've always understood the meaning of this song, but it's really tough to listen to right now. At the same time, this all gives me a better appreciation of life and I can't get enough of the song.

There are lots of stupid comments out there about the future of the Dave Matthews Band. Listen ... no decisions need to be made right now. If they continue with the tour, I'm sure this is their way of heeling. If they complete the album they were working on, they're probably doing it for LeRoi. If they cancel concerts and scrap the album and then take a break ... or even break up for a few years, then that's fine. Just let the band do what it wants to do. Everyone copes with death differently, so just let them be. We can all agree that DMB will never be the same, but LeRoi can live on forever in their music ...

No comments: